Friday, March 11, 2011

My new favorite salad

Is a BBQ pork salad I made on Wednesday night. I adapted a pampered chef recipe to fit my current dietary needs and got amazing results. Why was it so good? Just a combo of crispy veggies, sweet tomatoes, tender lettuce, smokey pork, and creamy ranch dressing. Too good to be true that it is so good for you. Here's how I did it.


Barbecue Pork Tenderloin
--The Pampered Chef (This recipe uses the Deep Covered Baker -- which is awesome)


1 medium onion
1lb pork tenderloin
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp smokey barbecue rub (Pampered Chef pantry item)



Slice onion and place on the bottom of the deep covered baker. Trim pork of any fat and silver skin. Brush with oil and place in baker on top of onions. Rub pork evenly with smokey barbecue rub.

Cover baker and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Check internal temperature of pork with a meat thermometer. Continue to cook pork in 2 minute increments until thermometer registers 150. Remove baker from microwave and let stand covered for 10 minutes or until thermometer reads 160.



I then cubed the pork and put it and the onions on top of mixed greens, cucumber, red pepper strips, tomatoes, and celery. I mixed in 1 tsp of smokey barbecue rub into 2 tbsp of fat free ranch dressing and tossed salad so everything was coated.



I made 2 pork tenderloins this way, only I omitted the oil. The pork was seasoned great and cooking it in the deep covered baker made it come out so juicy and tender. I can't wait to eat carbs and dairy again, because I'd love to add some cheddar cheese, roasted corn, and croutons.

Jay had this salad for dinner Thursday night. He loved it too. I had leftover chicken breast on a salad. I should have had the pork.


No comments:

Post a Comment