Monday, March 14, 2011

Strawberry Mango Sorbet


My Pampered Chef spring paperwork came to my home in February and the first thing I did was reach for the new catalog. I noticed on the cover was a picture of some frozen strawberries in the new manual food processor and sorbet in the dots martini glass. The recipe for the sorbet was in the new Season's Best cookbook labeled as "Strawberry Ice". I read through the recipe and thought "this is my answer to ice cream!" The recipe sounded so good and I couldn't wait to try it.

Again, I adapted the recipe to fit my current nutritional needs, but this is what I did:

First I microwaved some frozen strawberries and mango for about 20 seconds to defrost them a little bit. This makes chopping the fruit up easier. I then put half the fruit into the manual food processor.

I roughly chopped half the fruit and then added the remaining fruit.


I dissolved 1 packet of splenda in 4 teaspoons of water and added that to the fruit.

I continued to process the fruit to get it to the texture I wanted.

The clear bowl of the processor makes it easy to see your progress without removing the lid.

Once I got to the texture I wanted I removed the processor lid and scrapped down the sides.



I then used a Pampered Chef medium scoop to scoop my sorbet into 2 cup prep bowl.




This is such a great treat and wonderful way to eat fruit. It also really helps me curb ice cream cravings. You can make this with any kind of frozen fruit; berries, cherries, peaches, pineapple, mango, bananas... And by making the sorbet yourself you can control ingredients and it probably cost less than pre-made sorbet in the freezer section. The recipe in the Season's Best cook book gives you directions for 6 servings and uses sugar.


Jay and I both love this sorbet. If you try it I bet you'll love it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment